Wednesday, March 29, 2006

One Step Forward ... Two Steps Back

Time for the weekly WIP update. Although I made progress last week, I sort of "undid" that progress this week. I did manage to work on the Little Companion purse and the Forest Path Stole, but I also cast on for 2 new projects. 2 in 1 week! I guess that's one indication of how stressful of a week it has been. When I get stressed I either spin (of which I have done some) or I cast on for new projects.

On Friday, I cast on for a shrug of my own design. I'm using a handspun merino (I love it!) that I dyed pink, purple, and green with Kool-Aid. I dyed about 1 ounce of roving for each color and then randomly took pieces to spin, so I got a sort self-striping/variegated signle. I then plied that single with a single of the undyed white roving. It made for a very spring-feeling yarn, which is why I felt the need to use it this week (with the finally spring-like weather arriving in Michigan).

On Saturday K and I did a bit of shopping and I picked up the new Interweave Knits magazine. Although there are several projects in it that I love and plan to do when I get more time (yeah right... like that will happen soon!), I really fell in love with the Streakers Shrug. I've had some handspun mohair/silk/corriedale that I love floating around in my stash for a little over a year now. Every time I pull it out to use it, I either don't have enough for the project, or the yarn isn't quite right. The Streakers Shrug is finally a project that satisfies both! Or at least I hope it does, it's going to be tight on the amount of yarn, but I'm remaining optimistic. So... on Sunday I cast on and effectively "wiped out" my WIP wipe out progress! As penance, I've included pictures!

No comments: